Prosper Events (“we”, “us”) understands and respects the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. In providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and this policy outlines how we treat your personal data after it has been collected by any of our channels which include our website, telephone numbers and any future digital services or channels as they evolve.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Prosper Eventing LTD
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your party:
• names and contact/address details including telephone number and email address;
• credit/ debit card or other payment details (including card number, cardholder name, expiry date);
• special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen arrangements;
• dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs);
• with regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
o technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
o information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party are aware of the content of this Policy and consent to your acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us.
Some of the information we collect (such as about health or religion) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent when necessary.
HOW WILL WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
• When you purchase a product or service from or through us;
• When you subscribe to our newsletter;
• When you register an account with us;
• When you speak to any of our team;
• When you complete a survey or enter a competition;
WHAT WILL WE DO WITH IT?
(1) We will use your name, address and credit card details to complete your booking with us.
(2) We will also use your details to manage your booking, send you notifications and communicate with you generally.
(3) For the purpose of completing your booking, we will have to disclose some of your information to the providers of the services making up your booking (who could be located outside the UK/EEA). We may also have to disclose some information to third parties in relation to customer services, credit card processing, or other services.
(4) We may need to disclose your information where required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority.
(5) We may need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset/ stock in our company or our website.
(6) We may also disclose information to organisations who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to other organisations that perform business functions on our behalf, some of whom are outside the UK/EEA. These functions include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or our group companies), risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
(7) We may from time to time contact you with information about special offers, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
(8) We may pass your details to other parties who offer goods or services which we feel may be of interest to you. However we will not do this where you have indicated that you do not wish us to contact you in this way.
We would also like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes (for example, emailing you our newsletter). All details you give us in connection with your booking will be kept but we will use only names and contact details for marketing purposes unless you have indicated that you do not wish us to do so.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
WHAT CAN I DO?
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by email at Alex@prosperevents.co.uk
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge an administration fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of request.
You can also choose not to provide us with some of the information we request, however as a result we may not be able to complete your arrangements.
Subscribers can opt out of receiving further information from us at any time. You will also be given a fast and easy option of opting out on all communications. Email us at Alex@prosperevents.co.uk to unsubscribe.
Please note that in order for us to provide you with optimum service, we use ‘Cookies’ on our website.
What are cookies? A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Two types of cookies are used on this web site – session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Cookies allow us to obtain information regarding users of our site which essentially helps us to provide you with a better user experience and tailor our services to your individual needs. We may collect information such as your IP address, online activity, web browser details and online activity. We will not however collect or store any of your passwords or other highly sensitive data.
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Category 4: Targeting or Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
To find out more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We take website security very seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. We take a number of administrative and technical steps to ensure the security of the information you provide to us.
Please note that our website contains certain literature and hyperlinks to websites owned by third parties. This privacy statement covers websites owned and controlled by us only. Links to other websites and any information collected by these sites are not covered by this privacy statement.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website links to are governed by the terms and conditions, as well as the privacy policies, held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage with them using due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. We will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and we encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact us through primary communication channels such as telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised, before using such social sharing buttons, that they do so at their own discretion and to note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
SHORTENED LINKS IN SOCIAL MEDIA
By default some social media platforms will shorten lengthy web addresses, in order to save characters or space.
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by us. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) your telephone calls; and (2) customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
UPDATES AND CHANGES
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information. Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request.